Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Crafty Review

Can you believe 2021 is at an end??? Honestly, it seems like we just finished 2020 quarantine and it's already 2022. The older we get, the faster it does, am I right?! Did you ever think in 1977, for example, what life would be like in the 2000's much less the 2020's? I sure did not. But here we are. I hope 2022 brings you lots of joy and happiness, and good health. 

Here are a few of my favorite projects from the past year, in no particular order. The first being this tag book I made for my hubsy for Valentine's Day. This was seriously such a fun project I didn't want it to be over. I'm pretty sure I loved it way more than he does, but that's ok by me. ;) Click here to see the blog post with the full project. 

Now, this one was a color challenge that I just wasn't able to fulfill. The fourth color was a purple/pinkish shade that I just could not get my eyes to incorporate with the other colors. I do love the finished card though. Here's the blog post with the whole story. 
You know how I love making box cards! This one was for the My Favorite Things, Boxcard Challenge, Outdoor Scenes. I thought the bees were the cutest with the pandas even though Pandas love bamboo. I have no idea if they would even eat honey. LOL Details and more pics in this blog post. 
This is the card that was noticed by Gerda Steiner Designs and won the GSD design challenge for that month. I love her adorable images so much. Her drawings are so super cute and these little ghosts and gourds are no exception. 
Another box card challenge, this time for My Favorite Things. This mummy (by My Creative Time) is one of my all time favorite Halloween stamps I own. He is the cutest little guy and I love using him on my Halloween cards. He fits perfectly with the My Favorite Things gravestone dies. 

I know I said I don't care for purple, but it does go so well in this color combo, don't you think? This one was Color Throwdown challenge and I really like the way it turned out. The red makes the other colors pop right out at you. Also, my ingenious idea for colored dots when you have only clear was pretty cool I thought. I used copics to color a dot on the paper then placed the clear dot over the top for exact matches to the color scheme. Oh yeah! 
This card features Honey Bee Stamps, for the "use your favorite honey bee stamps challenge". I don't have a lot of products from Honey Bee but what I have I love. These pieces are from an add-on set to the Big Pickup set. 
This card was another color throwdown challenge, and it was the perfect color combo for the sympathy card I had to make. These are the hardest cards, IMO, and the quiet colors felt perfectly appropriate
Here we have another ADORABLE Gerda Steiner design. This sweet panda is so cute. He's the perfect choice for Valentines. He gives great hugs! Scroll down a bit for details in this blog post
These Gerda Steiner Valentine Penguins are so cute, I made a set of cards instead of just one, so I could use all the images in this stamp set. Cute, cute, cute! 
Wreaths. I love wreaths. This one was a throw together card for a challenge using pieces I had cut for other projects and didn't use. As you can see, it became one of my favorites for the whole year. Here's the scoop
Really, you say? Another Gerda Steiner panda? Well, yes. :) I love him. I also added a peeking panda to the envelope. Go look how cute in this post right here
My newest obsession began with the Pinkfresh Create and Connect Event in November. I almost missed it, but thanks to my bestie, Nikki Foraker, aka ScrappinNavyWife, for the reminder, I didn't miss out after all. This is just one of the many cards I've made using gorgeous floral images, stencils, and dies by Pinkfresh Studio. I had no idea how much fun stenciling could be!! I will never not love my copic markers, but the layering stencils can be really fun too. 

That wraps up 2021. I'm in absolute awe how fast this past year has gone. But I suppose the year of Covid 2020 feeling like it would never end, is partly why this year flew by. I do hope you've enjoyed my year in review and hopefully have been inspired to create something new yourself. Feel free to browse my blog for ideas, join the facebook group, Scrapendipity Studio Crafts, and follow me on Instagram too. 

Happy New Year, crafty friends. May you be abundantly blessed in 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar