Sunday, February 28, 2010
Yummy paper flowers
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Look what Randy made for me!
Still deciding if I want to leave it natural wood or paint it...white? pink?
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Five Things I Love
1. One of the many things I love is scrapbooking and papercrafting. I started scrapping for real almost 8 years ago, though I've always made cards and altered gifts etc. for as long as I can remember.....covering orange juice cans with pretty paper to make a pencil cup for dad's desk, making book covers, wall art and decoupage to name a few. I love my scraproom!
This is the little plaque on the door to my room.
2. I love that Grace enjoys scrapping. She has been a scrapper since she was 3 -- she turned 9 this month.
3. I love the vintage goodies in my kitchen. Here are a few of them. The bottle of Shinola shoe polish was my grampa's--it's still full -- and grama's spice boxes still have spices in them! Some are as old as 1940.
4. I love pink. Maybe you noticed. ;)
5. I love LOVE looking at old pictures. Here is one of my faves of me and the sibs. Me, Sue (on my lap), Pat and Kathy.
Tag, you guys! Now you're IT! Post a link on your blog to mine (the person who tagged you), then share five things you love and tag five other bloggers. :)
1. Darla - Forced Optimism
2. Cindy - A few of my favorite things
3. Kip - A day with me
4. Nicole - It's 5 oclock somewhere
5. Pam - Two days in February
Monday, February 22, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Did you set any type of scrapping goal this year?
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
First layout of the year
Monday, February 15, 2010
Altered Calendar - finished!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day
Won't you BEE my valentine
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Super fast and easy mini book
Of course, for my book, I didn't have actual scrapbook pages, so I printed the scans as 4x6 photos and cut them with the peppermint page die that was used for the original page, then simply made a cover for them. A super easy way to make duplicate books for gifts too. The cost of a 12x12 print would be different than a 4x6 as these are, but a great idea don't you think.
Here's the cover of my book
and a close up of the title treatment.
Monday, February 08, 2010
Thanks, mom and dad! :)
Thursday, February 04, 2010
The best news is I'm getting more movement every day. But the strength and dexterity are going to take awhile I'm afraid. I'm typing pretty fast though for using only my left hand and right index finger. Now if I can just hold the scissors so I can scrap a little faster. ;)
If I keep making progress I won't have to go back for any physical therapy or anything. Yay.
Monday, February 01, 2010
Grama's girls come to visit
They took Joey for a walk to the park.....
....Grace gave Olivia a piggy back ride
and they loved scouring through every one of the scrapbook albums! We had a fun time. :)