Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Happy Santa box card plus one

Hello, it's me with another guest post featuring Gerda Steiner Designs new release, Santa With Letters. I hope you like Santa's immature sense of humor - it is much like my own. LOL. 

In addition to the Santa with Letters, I used GSD Snowman Friends stamps, and Ellen Hutson, Santa's List stamp set for the bag of toys, tree, and deer. The actual box card is made from the Level Up box card die set from My Favorite Things. If you enjoy making box cards like I do, it is worth the somewhat spendy investment for the dies. 
As always, my box card folds flat for mailing in an A2 envelope. Depending how carried away you get adding goodies to the card (I tend to go whole hog most of the time!) you may need to add an extra postage stamp.
Copics used for this creation. 

My next card features the Gerda Steiner Designs, Lovely Pandas. This set is so cute, and depending how you wish to color the bears, they do not have to be pandas. But, who doesn't love sweet, chubby panda bears!?? 



Let's see how this one came together. 

I started by inking a background onto my card panel using this Pretty Pink Posh stencil, Valentine Background, in Distress Ink Kitsch Flamingo with a blending brush. If you haven't used blending brushes yet, let me tell you, they are the BOMB! I used original TH inkers and mini inkers for years but when I found these blending brushes, I got rid of all the inkers and use these only now. LIFE CHANGING! But I digress..  I kept to the center of the panel in a random oval using post-it tape (you can use washi or masking tape as well) to hold the panel and stencil in place. 
Only a few copics required for this one, and you can use any black or dark gray shades you prefer. Also, I use white gel pen for the eyes but again it's personal preference.
When stamping my sentiment, this one is by My Favorite Things, I used my mini-misti. I don't always do this, but it is helpful if you are stamping directly onto your card as opposed to stamping on a label or strip and adhering that.

Now all that's left is to attach the hearts and bear above the sentiment, I used foam tape to add the bear, because my life would be empty without foam tape. I love dimension on all my projects! then add to your card front, and mat if you wish. I added a red mat to this one as it was very very white without it. 

I hope you enjoyed my projects! It has been my absolute pleasure to guest on the Gerda Steiner Designs Blog. Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. I've had a blast playing with the GSD team! 


Product List (box card):
Gerda Steiner Designs, Santa with Letters stamps and dies
Greda Steiner Designs, Snowman Friends stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, Outside the Box, Level Up die set
My Favorite Things, Outside the Box, Snow Drifts die set
Ellen Hutson, Santa's List stamps and dies (deer, tree, Santa's bag)
Taylored Expressions, banner stamp ("Santa says" and "bells" letters from GSD)
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch Markers
*
Product List (panda card):
Gerda Steiner Designs, Lovely Pandas stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, Smitten with You sentiment stamps
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
Pretty Pink Posh, Valentine Background stencil
Distress Ink, Kitsch Flamingo
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch Markers
Mini-Misti alignment tool, blending brush, post-it tape, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar