Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Thankful

This one started out to be a color challenge but I just could not add the fourth color (purple - my least favorite color). It made no sense to my eyes and ruined every project I started with it, so I left it out and totally love my final result!! I hope you like it too. Warning: photo overload ahead. 

So, it's not even October yet, so there is no way I could quit the pumpkins. Right? I mean, we still have Halloween coming too, so... well, what I mean is, hope you're not sick of them. 😆 Here's my finished card. 


The cluster I made for the front - this one is super thick. 
This one has three layers of foam tape in some spots, so it will be a fat envelope. LOL I like them to be sturdy.
Here you can see the many layers. 
Copic colors. Remember I said this was originally going to be for a color challenge? The challenge also includes purple (my least favorite color) in a shade that was super hard to come close to from my Copic collection, and I have ALL the copics. I just wasn't feelin' it. 
Some of the products I used for this card. See full list below. 
How it started:
The foam tape on the back of the lovely pumpkin cluster. I told you I love foam tape. I usually use larger pieces but it wasn't working on this one. I totally love making these "clumps" of goodies! 
Mid process. I ended up tossing this background after I tried coloring in the acorns. Suffice to say it was icky. In the trash. 
Deciding whether or not to add the two pumpkins behind the cluster. Yep. This is the look I was going for. I switched them on the finished card. My "eye" likes them better that way. 

There you have a look into my crafty process. This one took literally all day for me to complete, which is so not typical. I blame the purple! As soon as I gave up on that, everything began to fall into place.

Product List:
My Favorite Things, Autumn Blessings (pumpkins, leaves)
My Favorite Things, Squirrel! (acorns)
My Favorite Things, Main Squeeze (leaves) *not available
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
Distress Oxide ink, Wild Honey (with gathered twigs for burlap background, thankful word)
Distress Oxide ink, Gathered Twigs (with wild honey for burlap background)
Tim Holtz Stencil, Burlap THS007
Avery Elle, Grateful stamps and dies (thankful word)
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch markers
Bazzill, 12x12 Goldenrod textured cardstock
Foam tape, blending brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar