Thursday, October 14, 2021

You make me smile, GSD bear

A few posts ago I shared a card (inked here) with the adorable Lovely Pandas stamps and dies by Gerda Steiner Designs. These bears are so cute and chubby and adorable, I had to have them in my collection. And really, I'm not at all a teddy bear lover by any stretch. But when  you see these guys, well....hearts come out of your eyes. 💖💖💖 Keep in mind, they aren't pandas until you color them as such. So for this card, I decided to make a little brown bear. Can you stand his cuteness! Thanks for coming by!

The background is called Balloon Strings, a stamp by My Favorite Things. Seemed perfect. Also, rather than digging for a piece of cardstock to create a mat for my card panel, I used the blue copic that I used for the balloon to outline the edge of a larger panel and voila! Perfect color matching mat. 
Now, if you know me at all, you know I love my foam tape, and you know I'm a die girl from way back. This is why I love dies - in this case, I didn't use any foam tape for dimension. Instead, I cut 4 super thick cardstock shapes and made my own "chipboard" bear. Easy peasy solution, if you don't have foam tape! The sentiment is by Ellen Hutson and the ticket die is by My Creative Time. 
Copic colors for this card.
Product List:
Gerda Steiner Designs, Lovely Pandas stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, Balloon Strings background stamp *retired
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Creative Time, ticket die *retired
Ellen Hutson, Pure Magic sentiment stamp set
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar