Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Distress ink dying, continued

Yesterday I shared my first attempt at using distress re-inkers for dying paper. Well, I couldn't stop. LOL I kept at it in search of the perfect color (which I never did achieve, but I am not deterred!!) and this is what I created. Who knew this was so easy (messy, though) and FUN!! There will be more in the future, but for now, I made these for a specific project so I had to stop and move on to another piece of that project. ;) Check out how cool these are with just distress ink and water. 

I used ink several colors, just adding to the water when I wanted something else. I couldn't tell you how much or what colors for each of these papers, but the colors I worked with are vintage photo, antique linen, shabby shutters, the tiniest bit of black soot, iced spruce, and walnut stain. Not all of them at the same time, but throughout the process. 


Placed these on a white doily to show the difference just a few minutes in the dye can make. 

It's amazing how a different brand of paper can change the whole color, and the fact that random patterns/shapes appear is such a pleasant surprise. I'm not a chemist, but I'm sure happy playing science with these mediums. And because I had this out for Halloween already, I tossed in a little cheesecloth for fun. Undyed on the right to see the difference. 

I used ink several colors, just adding to the water when I wanted something else. I couldn't tell you how much or what colors for each of these papers, but the colors I worked with are vintage photo, antique linen, shabby shutters, the tiniest bit of black soot, iced spruce, and walnut stain. Not all of them at the same time, but throughout the process. 

Having so much fun in preps for Halloween. :) HAPPY CREEPY CRAFTING!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Leave your email in comment if you'd like a reply. ~Shar