Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Dying paper with distress reinkers

Day 6 of Halloween Everyday: today's project was dying papers for the Halloween folio project we'll be putting together at the end of the series. I hadn't tried this before (believe it or not!!!) so it was experimental to say the least. LOL But you know what.... AWESOMENESS!!! Check out the few papers I did just to see how it would go. 

I used mostly lost shadow, a little iced spruce, and just a touch of ground espresso. These are two different brands of paper doilies. So interesting the coloring came out so differently on each of them.

Mind you, everything I'm showing was all in the same solution for the same amount of time. I left them overnight and dried them this morning to these beautiful results! They couldn't be more perfect for my Halloween projects. Also, the paper I used was just regular copy paper. Plain old printer paper from Walmart, nothing special at all. 

Look at this! I made a perfect full moon somehow. 

And this one...again with the moon, but also some spooky black splotches. Perfectly Halloweeny! Now to make something with them. Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Leave your email in comment if you'd like a reply. ~Shar