Monday, September 18, 2023

Halloween card

Monochrome, one-layer flat card. I must preface this by saying I really dislike making one-layer cards. I like others, but not my own. I don't know why that is. Rarely do I make one that actually gets mailed - usually I will toss it or maybe add to it so it isn't a flat one-layer. But this time, I really, really like this one!! If you are a Halloween lover paper crafter/card maker, you really need this release. Really. Not kidding. 

Everything on this card is stamped directly onto the card front, and designed by me using stamp images by Heidi Swapp, from the Haunted 23 release out now. This creepy Halloween scene was a blast to piece together. For the outside alone I used about 40+ stamps and many of them multiple times.  

If I came across this place when I was a kid, I would have grabbed my sister and gone in to check it out. I mean, if nobody lived there, of course. 
This is the inside message. I used the alphabet set from the August Stamp Society along with images from the Haunting 23 stamps.  
The card front is all done in walnut stain oxide ink. The only other colors I used, and only on the inside, are antique linen oxide, pumice stone oxide and, for the raven I use black soot oxide. 
Product List:
Heidi Swapp, Haunting 23 stamp set
Heidi Swapp, Hallows 22 stamp set
Heidi Swapp, October Captions 22
Heidi Swapp, Haunting Captions 23
Heidi Swapp, August Stamp Society alphabet
Distress Oxide Inks, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Black Soot
White 110# cardstock


1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar