Wednesday, January 25, 2023

HOME SWEET!



We are home from our annual winter in California. Yes, you’re absolutely right, it is still winter...so why are we home already. Well, Mother Nature had other plans this year. 

But first, you may remember I had been lagging and lollygagging and procrastinating about getting packed and taking care of all the things that need to be done when leaving your home for months. I simply wasn't in a place, mentally, where I could be ready to go. Truthfully, I just didn't want to go at all. Really no reason for feeling that way, that I could come up with anyway, it was just a feeling and it wasn't going away the closer we got to our departure time. Of course, I wanted to see the fam and spend Christmas as we do each year, but my mind wasn't having it. And my horrible packing job showed my unwillingness to leave. LOL My craft bag was so sparse I barely had anything to work with - GAH!!! Naturally, I managed, but, back to the trip. 

The weather was looking crappy and rather than take a chance of having to travel in the snow and nasty weather, we gave ourselves an extra day to get there. As we locked up the house and did a final check of everything, it started to snow. Yeah. Boy, were we glad we were driving away from that! 


We arrived a day early at the Airbnb in El Cajon, and our host was gracious enough to let us stay that extra night. Little did we realize by the photos of the property that it was so small. It is perfect for one, but pretty cramped for two. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen well stocked with essentials, but the couch was broken and uncomfortable which made for a difficult stay. Also, it rained quite a lot so we weren't even able to take advantage of the outdoor space. 

Mid-January my sister and I flew back to Washington to take care of some things she had in the works so we stayed with the folks while there. It was a great few days and K was able to get things moving along with her project. Then I got a call from the hubs, who stayed in El Cajon. It had rained so hard the Airbnb flooded. What the hell. Poor hubs had to pack up everything himself, then he went to stay at my sister's till she and I got back.
Kath and I got back from Washington the next day. After wrapping things up and getting the Airbnb situation straightened out (thankfully, our host was very very helpful and we were able to get a full refund for the week he had to be gone due to the flood), saying our goodbyes to the fam etc. we hit the road again for Washington last Saturday and you won't even believe this - it snowed at home. O.M.G. We arrived home on Monday, so happy to see the snow had mostly melted by then. 


Can you even!? The good news is we are home and unpacked, and BONUS we have our Airbnb for next winter booked and confirmed. We even had a chance to drive by the area so we know right where it is when we get there next December. And it's only a mile and a half or so from my sister's house! Hope she can stand us being such close neighbors. Hahaha!!!


       
                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar