Thursday, October 13, 2022

Best Wishes to the Mr. & Mrs.

A wedding card. I've been in an awful slump since my last post and just couldn't seem to get out of it. A friend of my husband's is getting married, and this wedding card was what I needed to get back to the craft room. Truth be told, this has been sitting on my desk unfinished for almost two weeks and I kept moving things around, switching things up, and just not having any inspiration to finish it. Huge thank you to my bestie, ScrappinNavyWife, for helping me over the hurdle to put the finishing touches on it. 

Gold and white is always a hit for wedding cards, so that's where I started. I used the gazebo die by Pinkfresh Studio as my jumping off point, cutting it from shiny gold cardstock. I glued the gazebo in just a couple of places to a white arch leaving most of it unglued. So far, so good. I chose the Grant Yourself Grace stamp set, also by Pinkfresh Studio, and heat embossed the roses in gold, tucking them in and on the gazebo. Behind the gazebo I needed something plain so the busy gold arches didn't take away from the pretty florals. I cut a solid arch shape just the size of the gazebo. Perfect.

The background needed something special, so I hot foiled the panel with the Pinkfresh Studio Geo Arch in gold and matted it with black to give it pop. I love the way it makes the rest of the card stand out. After I got all the roses glued down, I added foam tape to the full arch piece and popped it onto the gold foil arches background. So pretty!

For the sentiment, I had several gold foil options in my stash. I chose 'best wishes' from the Pinkfresh Studio Modern Script Sentiment set using gold foil. To finish it off, I added these clear drops by Studio Katia. They were just the finishing touch this card needed! (Thanks, Nikki. :) )


Product List:
Pinkfresh Studio, Grant Yourself Grace, stamps and die
Pinkfresh Studio, Modern Script stamp, die, and hot foil plate
Pinkfresh Studio, Geo Arches hot foil plate
Pinkfresh Studio, Gazebo die
Ellen Hutson, Essential Arches die set
Papertrey Ink, White cardstock
My Favorite Things, Black Licorice cardstock
Foam tape, gold embossing powder, gold foil, clear drops, Glimmer hot foil machine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar