Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Shitake Happens!

We all know it and have all experienced it, right? Everything is fine until that moment when it isn't. My apologies for being MIA but I had that experience myself last week, and while it still lingers, it's almost over. The WORST sciatica I have ever had! I was completely immobile - couldn't stand, sit, walk, lie down - nothing was comfortable, and in fact, every movement was excruciating. I was very near tears on many occasions, let me tell you. When I can't even sit in my craft room chair, you know it's bad. Today is the first day in a week I've been able to move without using a walker or crying. And so far, knock wood, no meds today either. Yay me!! I was finally able to finish a card today that I started earlier this week. 

This one is another for the Ellen Hutson August challenge. I used Julie Ebersole's card and the color palette for my inspiration and I'm in love. This stamp set is amazing and I could sit and color these mushrooms and ferns all day. LOL! Putting Julie's spin on life, I've used her adorable sentiment, "Shitake Happens" from the Nature Walk stamp set.  

I also used the Ellen Hutson Essential Arches dies for this card, and using what was left on my blue blending brush, added just a hint of blue for sky behind the scene. 
You will notice that the stamp set does not include rocks. Or so it would seem. This is where I got tricky, y'all. I used the solid stamps for the mushroom tops as my rocks!!! If I do say so, I thought I was so clever. :) The panel is popped up with foam tape, but the images and sentiment are all adhered flat to the front panel. 
The copic colors I used for this one, and the Distress Ink cubes for the leaf bunch. I made my own color as I didn't have anything in my 100s of inks that was a color I wanted. Isn't that the way?? LOL So for the leaf bunch behind the flowers, I combined Shabby Shutters and Pumice Stone which gave me just the right amount of brown to green I was looking for. 

EBE August Challenge color palette

I hope you like my card. I'm in love with this stamp set and, as I said earlier, I could color these mushrooms all day, they're so much fun. Hope you're in better shape than I am at the moment. LOL Have a crafty week. 

Product List:
Ellen Hutson, Nature Walk stamps and dies combo
Ellen Hutson, Essential Arches die set
Copic Xpress It Blending Card
Copic Sketch Markers
     C3  C4  E42  E43  E70  E84  E87  G99  YG91  V000  W6
Papertrey Ink, White cardstock
Distress Inks, Shabby Shutters,  Pumice Stone
Foam tape, glossy accents (on the slug)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar