Saturday, July 02, 2022

You're the Best

Who would've thought to make a card with poinsettias that isn't a Christmas card. I don't know who else, but I did. Coloring the flowers in completely unexpected colors can make them look very un-Christmassy and more every-day, I think. What do you think? Does it work? Here's my card.  

The Pinkfresh Studio poinsettia set is what I used for my card today. I think I like how it turned out. The larger leaf sprigs and berries are from a set by  Ellen Hutson called Holiday Sprigs. I needed just a little more space filler and these fit perfectly. 

The sentiment is hot foiled in gold using the negative piece from the Modern Script Sentiments solid foil plate and die. I hadn't intended to use the negative piece until I placed it on the card and love the look of it. So the positive piece goes in the box for another card.  A piece of small paper doily adds a little more interest and dimension. 
The background piece is the Geo Tiles cover plate die. Behind it, I used the ink that was left on my brushes to add a little touch of color.
Of course, one must add bling, which I did here with the Pinkfresh Studio Metallic Pearls in gold. Ahhh, just right! Plus, a few bits of foam tape to the sentiment pops it up to finish the card. 


Product List:
Pinkfresh Studio, Poinsettias stamp and die
Pinkfresh Studio, Modern Script Sentiments hot foil plate and die
Pinkfresh Studio, Solid Hot Foil Plate
Pinkfresh Studio, Geo Tiles cover plate die
Pinkfresh Studio, Metallic Pearls, gold
Pinkfresh Studio, Ink Cubes: Apricot, Emerald City, Fresh Pear, Gathered Twigs, Grassy Knoll, Marigold, Olive, Peach Fuzz, Stargazer
Copic Sketch Markers, colors that match the inks I used: Y17 YG11 YG63 B26 B37
Copic Xpress it blending card
Ellen Hutson, Holiday Sprigs, stamps and dies
Foam tape, blending brushes, glossy accents (my favorite adhesive for attaching bling)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. Love how you used the poinsettias for other than Christmas, they are so pretty in yellow. Great design and lovely background die cut. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar