Sunday, July 03, 2022

Huge Hugs shaker card

I'm sharing my shaker card, only because I made it, not because it turned out like I wanted it to. LOL In all seriousness, I'm not happy with it but I will send it anyway. I don't know if I just did everything the hard way, or what, but it took a lot longer than it should have, and it's not as "clean" as I wish it was. So there's my breakdown. View at your own risk. 🤷

I do love the large words dies, which make easy windows for a shaker. I used glossy accents to adhere the acetate to the back of the panel, and added two layers of foam tape all around as well as a strip between the words and the hex cut-outs to make a second shaker area. I wanted to keep the bees and honey pots at the top, and the gold hex pieces at the bottom. 

For the background piece, I cut all the strips in a couple of different sizes and held them together on the back with post it tape, then glued it to the card front. Before I glued it, I should have trimmed it a bit, because it shows outside the shaker panel and I didn't want that. I'll remember next time. You can't see it from the front so it's not horrible I guess. Lesson learned. 













Product List:
My Favorite Things, Honey Bees stamps
My Favorite Things, Honey Bees dies
My Favorite Things, Huge Hugs words die
My Favorite Things, Skinny Strips dies
My Favorite Things, Fishtail Flags STAX dies (retired)
Honey Bee Stamps, Hexagon Bunches dies
Essentials by Ellen, Bear Ware by Julie (honey pot stamp and die)
Papertrey Ink, white cardstock
Scraps of various pattern paper, gold cardstock, black cardstock 
Copic Xpress it blending card
Copic Sketch Markers, Y24, E99, Y19, C6
Foam tape, scor-tape, acetate, glossy accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar