Saturday, July 30, 2022

Oceans of Joy shaker card

Today's card is another shaker, and another example of the fantastic summer of stamping set by Julie Ebersole for Ellen Hutson's Summer of Stamping, Seaweeds. I can't get enough of all the beachy/nautical themed goodies released this summer. Ellen Hutson, Honey Bee Stamps, Tim Holtz, Simon Says Stamp, My Favorite Things, Simple Stories - all had beachy releases this summer; and I'm sure there are many others I haven't even seen yet.

I created a background using the seaweeds stamp set, then added some cut out images over the top of it. I didn't want them to interfere with the shaking motion of the filler, so I adhered a piece of acetate over the top before making the shaker part. This gave a smooth surface for the sequins and shells to glide over without getting stuck on any of the die cuts.

I love the new distress oxide color, Uncharted Mariner, and again, another beachy theme release. The sentiment is from Honey Bee Stamps, from their new release Seas the Day. Hello!! I absolutely love how different company's products can work so well together. 


Product List:
Ellen Hutson, Seaweeds stamps and dies
Honey Bee Stamps, Seas the Day sentiment stamps and dies
Tim Holtz, Uncharted Mariner distress oxide ink
Tim Holtz, Bubble stencil (THS002
My Favorite Things, ink cube Natural (discontinued color)
Papertrey Ink, white cardstock
Foam tape, acetate, sequins, tiny star glitter, glossy accents, scor-tape



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar