Thursday, July 28, 2022

Nautical theme continues

It has been so hot here the past week or so, expected to continue, that the only way I can cool off is to continue making beach and water theme cards. LOL As I type this it is 104 degrees here in the high desert of Eastern Washington, expected to reach 109 before the day is over. If it weren't for air conditioning, I'd be dead in a puddle for sure! I do not envy the southern states that typically have it so much hotter than it is here. No thank you! So let's get to the beach, shall we?!

I fell in love with the Simple Stories, Vintage Seas collection. It's been hard to actually cut the paper. LOL If you're a crafter, you know the feeling!! Well, I saved this piece because I just loved it and couldn't bring myself to cut up this peaceful scene. So I decided to make the whole piece into a card front. It really didn't need anything, but I did make a couple of additions, because that's what I do. I embellish! Still, it's just perfectly simple. 

The seaweed, coral, shell, and sand texture stamps are from the new release by Essentials by Ellen, Seaweeds. The little fish and sentiment are from My Favorite Things, Mermazing stamp set.
For the mat, I inked just the edges of a card panel with the newest Distress Oxide color, Uncharted Mariner. It matched the blue in the pattern paper so perfectly. Then I sanded and inked the edges of the pattern paper before adhering to the mat.
Perfectly matching copic and ink colors! 
Oops. Forgot to include the stamp set in the photo. This Seaweeds set by Julie for EBE is so gorgeous!

Product List:
Simple Stories, Vintage Seas 6x8 paper pad
Essentials by Ellen, Seaweeds stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, Mermazing stamp set (sentiment, tiny fish)
My Favorite Things, ink cube Natural (discontinued color)
Pinkfresh Studio, ink cubes Berrylicious, Rocky Slope
Distress Oxide ink, Uncharted Mariner
Copic sketch markers, B95 B97, R37 R39, T0 T1
Copic Xpress it blending card 
Papertrey Ink, white cardstock
Clear dots, glossy accents


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar