Thursday, July 21, 2022

Let Your Troubles Float Away

Here's another card with the Float Your Boat stamp set from the Ellen Hutson/Catherine Pooler collaboration for Essentials by Ellen, Summer of Stamping. This one is for the My Favorite Things, Sketch #603. 

After struggling to find the perfect pattern paper, (as you can imagine, I have tons of nautical in my stash) everything seemed to fight with the images, I decided to make a "stencil" instead of cutting the triangles for the challenge design. It turned out cute, I think. 

I added a little glossy accents for a bit more fun.
This playful little dolphin is the cutest. He's from the Friends with Fins stamp set.  I felt it needed just the teensiest touch of color between the front panel and the mat so I ran the R46 copic around the edges. Just right! 
Lots of dimension with foam tape and clear dots. 

Homemade 'stencil' for the sketch design. 

Product List:
My Favorite Things, Friends With Fins (dolphin)
My Favorite Things, Sunshine and Friendship (sentiment)
Pinkfresh Studio, ink cube Slumber
Tim Holtz, Stencil THS080, Splash
Essentials by Ellen, Summer of Stamping Collab with Catherine Pooler, Float Your Boat stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink, white cardstock
Copic Xpress it blending card
Copic Sketch Markers, R14  R46  C0  C1  C4
Foam tape, clear drops, glossy accents

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable Shar! Love the combo of sets. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar