Sunday, June 05, 2022

Pinkfresh Hibiscus

For today's card I used the Hibiscus stamps and dies from Pinkfresh Studio. I wasn't sure if I was going to even use all the elements in the set as there are so many, but I did actually use all the pieces and I like how it turned out. I thought it might look too busy, but it's flowers and leaves and how can nature look too busy, right? 

So I went with it and added two mats in coordinating colors. The background design is the basket weave stencil by My Favorite Things. I think it adds to the tropical feel of the hibiscus. 


I cut the sentiment in white cardstock then inked in the flower colors, stacked a few white ones then added one in black for a shadow effect against the colors of the flowers. It really made a difference rather than just the colored letters on their own. Then for even more pop, I covered it in glossy accents. 


With all the stacking and layering of the flower pieces, I felt the sentiment needed to be popped up and I do like the look of it. Hope you do too! Feel free to comment or email me with any questions. Thanks for looking. 


Product List:
Pinkfresh Studio, Hibiscus stamp
Pinkfresh Studio, Hibiscus die
Pinkfresh Studio, Hibiscus stencil set
Pinkfresh Studio, Clear iridescent drops *not currently available for purchase
Papertrey Ink, white cardstock
My Favorite Things ink cubes, ripe raspberry, razzleberry(r), orange fizz(r), daffodil, lemon chiffon, prickly pear, jellybean green
My Favorite Things, Basket weave stencil
My Favorite Things, Hello There word die set
My Favorite Things, black licorice cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks, aged mahogany, crushed olive
Foam tape, glossy accents



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar