Saturday, May 07, 2022

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

Hello and welcome to the studio. I hope you've had time to be crafty today in some way. I've been scrapbooking so much the past month or so, but today I'm in pause mode as I wait on the mail for a few things to continue the family scrapbooks. In the meantime, I made two birthday cards today. 

I used Pinkfresh Studio, Daisy Wreath, layering stencils and die in two different ways for two unique looks. This set has no stamp available, but you get great results with the stencils, and the die cuts them beautifully. For the first card, I used a background I had made some time ago using transfer gel over an inked stencil design. It's a really cool look.

This is a five piece stencil set. For this one, I omitted the fifth stencil which is the wreath and extra shading on the leaves. Instead, I used copics to add more shading. After cutting the daisies, I snipped off the connecting piece to make two separate pieces, overlapping them using foam tape. 


I also added glossy accents to the flower centers to coordinate better with the glossy background panel. 
For the second card, I used the wreath piece as it is intended, in one piece. I did layer it to give it more stability and because I like the look of faux-chipboard. This time, I used all five stencils; you can see the difference in the look of the flowers and leaves. I used only the stencils and inks on this card; no copics as on the first one.
The background is a simple rectangle trio stencil using the three main ink colors I used for the flowers. 
I popped the happy birthday message on top of the striped paper using foam tape, and added some dots in the three main colors. 
Inks, blender brushes and copics. (colors listed below)
Thanks for visiting the studio today. I hope you're carving out some time for yourself this National Scrapbook Day weekend. Go forth and create! 

Product List:
My Favorite Things, Boysenberry and Lemon Chiffon
TH Distress cubes, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Fossilized Amber
Copic sketch markers, Y15, Y26, YG93, YG97, V09
Copic Xpress it blending card, for inked/colored images
Paper Trey Ink, White cardstock (card bases, front panels)
PinkFresh Studio, Daisy Wreath die, Daisy Wreath layering stencils
My Favorite Things, Basket Weave stencil, Rectangle Trio stencil
Foam tape, glossy accents, enamel dots, transfer gel, palette knife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar