Thursday, May 12, 2022

Congratulations Graduates!

It's coming quickly. Graduation. My first three grands are adults and on their own now. sniff, sniff. And next month, two more grands will be graduating high school and entering adulthood. I can't even believe this. It's surreal. And that means, there are only three grands left to leave the nest and that is also sneaking up fast. I'm beside myself. Sigh. But to the point, here are the two graduation cards I've made. In their school colors, of course. 

This first card is particularly special, because this granddaughter is graduating from the same high school I graduated from umpteen years ago. Amazing. Go Seahawks! ;) Yes, we are the original Seahawks football team.

For all the green and blue elements, I used ink on white cardstock. The only colored cardstock on either of these cards is gold and silver. 

I used gold cardstock for this one - school colors are green, white and gold. I added extra punch by heat embossing the circle and star elements, and popped up the 'congrats' with foam tape. Looks much cooler looking IRL. 

This one is for my fourth grand, in order of birth, who ironically, attends one of my former high school's biggest rival schools. Funny how life works. I stamped the panels of both cards with graduation images in grout gray for a subtle background. 
School colors here are blue and white. I used silver cardstock for the 'congrats' word, again, popping it up with foam tape. A few of the stars are popped up as well.  Again, I heat embossed the stars and numbers for extra pizazz. 

Product list:
PaperTrey Ink, white cardstock
Gold and silver cardstock
Distress inks, owed lawn, blueprint sketch
My Favorite Things, grout gray ink
My Favorite Things, Congrats die
Lawn Fawn, So Owlsome stamp set
Nesting star dies
Nesting circle dies
My Creative Time, number dies (two different sets)
Versamark embossing ink; white embossing powder, clear embossing powder
Foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar