Sunday, November 14, 2021

All about wreaths, card 2

Today's card for the Pinkfresh Challenge, All About Wreaths. This one is a non-wreath wreath, so it took a little innovating, which I love. Hope you like it! 

For the background I used the Tim Holtz Burlap layering stencil. I love using stencils for a light background when I don't want a lot of blank space, or if the look of the card requires it. The adorable scallop border is another product not yet released that we used in the Pinkfresh Create and Connect event. It's actually a mini slimline frame. I cut it once from white and once from dark blue then used just one side of the frame to fit my A2 card. I layered it three times for a striking border against the stenciled background.
The wreath pieces are from the Celebrate With Style stamp set. There is no wreath in the set so I got creative and laid them out in a circle to see how wreath-y I could make them. I really like the result. In addition to the flower clusters, I used a few leafy bunches from the Eucalyptus Fantasy stamp set, also by Pinkfresh Studios. I felt like it needed a bow, and with no stamp or die to fit what I wanted, I used twine and a button. Seems to work. 
Who doesn't love buttons? Clearly, I do. This is just one of 3 (or is it 4???) jars of buttons in my craft room, separated by size. These are the tiniest. The copic colors I used on the flowers are listed below. 

Product List:
Pinkfresh Studios, Celebrate With Style stamps and dies *not yet released
Pinkfresh Studios, Eucalyptus Fantasy stamps and dies
Pinkfresh Studios, Mini Slimline Scallop Rectangle frame die *not yet released
Tim Holtz, Burlap layering stencil THS007
Open Studio, Berry Wreath stamps (sentiment)
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Favorite Things, Blueberry ink cube (background) *discontinued color
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch markers, R21, R29, YG03, Y17, YG97,G99
Twine, button, blending brush, stitched rectangle strip die (for sentiment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar