Thursday, October 28, 2021

My Favorite Things, Color Palette #176

Here's a fall color palette that I totally love. Orange, brown and yellow is the epitome of fall colors in my personal opinion. I did grown up in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest where we have all those colors and more -oh! gorgeous reds!- when fall arrives, so I guess I might be slightly partial. At any rate, here's my card for the current color challenge at My Favorite Things. Come and play! You have until November 10 to link your card. Also, there is a random drawing for a gift card to the store every challenge, so why not!?

I combined three MFT stamp sets for my card. The little girl sitting on the pumpkin, the pumpkins in the basket, and the log are from the BB Fall Friends set, basket and leaves are all from SY Piles of Fun, and the sentiment is from the BB Sitting Pretty set. 
For the background, I used the largest group of leaves from the Piles of Fun set and created a sort of frame. For this I used grout gray ink from My Favorite Things. It's my favorite ink color to use for subtle background. (I didn't realize how dry my marker was until after seeing pics of the skin. I fixed that after the photos.) Also, I used a blending brush with Distress Oxide, Rusty Hinge, to add warmth to the background. 
A little foam tape lifts the pumpkin and girl to give it a dimensional feel as though the basket is farther behind. 
Copics I used for this color challenge. I added a neutral putty color as well.
My Favorite Things, Color Challenge 176







Product List:
My Favorite Things, BB Fall Friends stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, SY Piles of Fun stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, BB Sitting Pretty stamps (sentiment)
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Favorite Things, Grout Gray dye ink cube *discontinued color
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch Markers
Foam tape, blending brush, Distress Oxide Rusty Hinge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar