Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Sweet Summer box card

Watermelon! To me it's the epitome of summer. I LOVE watermelon! When I saw this adorable stamp set by Gerda Steiner Designs I had to get it. This little purple dinosaur might as well be me with all the empty rinds he has lined up next to him. LOL 

I sort of went all out with the theme, but I think it sure turned out cute. I added a few things from other sets (as is typical of my crafting style) and the end result is more than I can stand. 
The ants, basket, and larger watermelon pieces are from Ellen Hutson stamp sets (links below), and the card base, of course, is the Level Up Outside the Box die set by My Favorite Things.

For the watermelon pattern paper, I used copic xpress it blending cardstock and MFT inks. The seeds are the Raindrops ST45 stencil by MFT. Banner is also MFT, colored with copics to look like watermelon wedges. 

And, again, these awesome cards fold flat for mailing. Super simple to make using the dies, and super fun to adorn with any idea under the sun! 
Copic colors and inks used for this card. Complete product list below. 
Product List:
Gerda Steiner Designs, Melon Friends stamps and dies (dino, watermelon wedge, watermelon w/bite, pile of empty rinds, row of watermelon in diff sizes, sentiment)
Ellen Hutson, Leading Ladies, Cozy Lady (basket)
Ellen Hutson, Life's a Picnic (ants, large watermelon half and small wedge)
My Favorite Things, Outside the Box Dies, Level Up set
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Favorite Things, Raindrops ST45 stencil *not available
My Favorite Things, Skinny Strips die namics (fishtail strip along front)
My Favorite Things, Mice Day to Celebrate stamps and dies (banner)
My Favorite Things, ink cubes Gumdrop (green), Limelight (light green), Persimmon (red), Black Licorice (watermelon seeds)
Distress Ink cube, Worn Lipstick (light red)
Copic Xpress it Blending Card
Copic Sketch Markers
Glossy accents, blending brushes, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar