Saturday, May 15, 2021

Father's Day BBQ Apron die

Super fun new die set from Honey Bee Stamps!! This A2 size apron is so cool. I did mine a tad different than the instructions (that's how I roll) so I made just one cut on the fold and didn't need the "hinge" piece. Either way though, super simple design and fun to play with. Here's my first version.

Using elements from Ellen Hutson's Leading Ladies collection, I made this "picnic/bbq" themed card for hubsy. Now, I know that most husbands are kings of the barbecue, but not mine. Ok by me, though, I don't mind "manning" the grill. Hmm....king? man-ning? Maybe I should have a word with him. LOL kidding!

Isn't it just the cutest? I used farm-ish themed papers for my apron and I love how it turned out. The blue gingham check are scraps from a previous project, and the chickens are just too adorable.
I used copics to add dots to her head scarf and also cut her apron from the chicken paper. The pocket that holds the bbq tools (and the shish kebab LOL) is open for a gift card or whatever. 
The sandwich is popped with foam tape so it appears to sit on her hand. Sentiment is by Paper Smooches from the Daddy Yo2 stamp set. (full product list below)
Copic colors used. 
Thanks for visiting the studio! I hope my projects are inspiring and will encourage you in some way to create something as well. Maybe you're new to paper crafting, scrapbooking, or card making. If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me (link in sidebar) and I'll be happy to share some tips and tricks I've picked up. Check out the Scrapendipity Studio Crafts facebook group too. I'd love to see  your work!

Product List:
Honey Bee Stamps, A2 Apron die set (card base)
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Favorite Things, Stitched Sentiment Strips dies
Echo Park, Farmhouse Kitchen 6x6 paper pad (chicken paper)
October Afternoon, Sassparilla (blue gingham check paper) *discontinued
Paper Smooches, Daddy Yo2 (sentiment) *discontinued
Ellen Hutson, Baker Lady stamps and dies (bbq lady)
Ellen Hutson, Life's a Picnic stamps and dies (sandwich)
Ellen Hutson, Cooking Lady stamps and dies (tongs, kebab)
Ellen Hutson, Leading Gentleman stamps and dies (spatula)
Copic, Xpress it blending card, copic sketch markers, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar