Saturday, May 01, 2021

NSD 2021 - water color Father's Day card

Today's project features Honey Bee Stamps, Big Pickup stamps and dies. I bought these specifically for Father's Day cards and I know dad will love it. He has always loved cars and trucks - I can't even count how many vehicles we had growing up - so when I saw these I simply had no choice but to hit checkout and payment. I knew immediately what I wanted to do for his card. By the way, it fits in an A2 card envelope with a little wiggle room to spare.

The tailgate and license plate are popped up with foam tape and the balloons fit exactly where they need to be to look like they are in the bed of the truck. There are so many fun "fillers" for the truck in the Loads of Love stamp set. There are other sets as well that coordinate for many occasions. 

To make the shape card, I cut a card base using the die but being sure the very top of the die was over the fold of my cardstock so as not to cut it into two pieces. 
After I had my card base, I stamped a front and a back onto watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink. (This is where I got engrossed and forgot to get progress pics.) 
Using Distress Inks, water brush, and mister, I painted the truck front and back. (see ink/paint colors I used below). You can use any color you like, of course.  Also, I used an acrylic stamping block as my palette and just squished the ink cube onto it then spritzed with water to get the colors I wanted.

Links below for these fabulous stamps and die sets from Honey Bee Stamps. 
Product List:
Honey Bee Stamps, Big Pickup Cab stamps and dies
Honey Bee Stamps, Big Pickup Tailgate stamps and dies
Honey Bee Stamps, Loads of Love stamps and dies
Metallic silvery cardstock (hood ornament)
Distress Ink cubes:
    Broken China
    Salty Ocean
    Cracked Pistachio
    Worn Lipstick
    Scattered Straw
    Pumice Stone
    Hickory Smoke
    Black Soot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar