Sunday, April 11, 2021

Saddle up and celebrate, pardner

Welcome to another week of crafting in the studio. I love, and very much appreciate, that I have all the time in the world to play/work in my room whenever I choose to do so. Aside from the physical ailments and the fact I'm officially old now - LOL - retirement is pretty cool! But let's get to the crafty stuff.....

I made another birthday box card. I don't know that my son will appreciate it as much now as he would have as a kid considering he's nearly middle aged now. Really, though, he is always awed by my creations and I appreciate that. He has had farm animals in the past, still has a couple of chickens and ducks, and enjoys a farm-type lifestyle. I think he'll like this. 
As always, I crammed in a lot of stuff on this card. I love filling them up, they are such a fun surprise to open! I used several stamp sets as I usually do to get just the right elements. :) (see product list below) I just counted them.....SEVEN!!
For the celebrate banner, I colored the ends with copic and snipped fringe with my tiny scissors. The super cute edging really makes it look like something you would see in leather. Didn't it come out cool? Also, I didn't have a tiny corn cob to use for the piggy and his trough, so I modified a carrot. LOL Could you tell, if I hadn't said something? 
Of course, here it is folded flat. The only thing you really need to remember when adding all the goodies, is to be sure they aren't too tall so the envelope flap won't close. Otherwise, it's a free-for-all when it comes to embellishing.
And the copic colors I used on this one, in addition to YG93 and YG97 for the cactus I added last. 

Product List:
My Favorite Things, Outside the Box dies
My Favorite Things, Basic Stitch Lines dies *retired
My Favorite Things, Saddle Up and Celebrate (cowboy, wagon wheel, sentiments) *retired
My Favorite Things, Farm-tastic (horse, short fence, pitchfork) *retired
My Favorite Things, The Whole Herd (chicken, nest, haystack, trough, milk can) *retired
My Favorite Things, Animal Farm (sign, tiny carrot, duck, pig) *retired
My Favorite Things, Animal Farm Fence die 
My Favorite Things, Llama Love (cactus) *retired
My Favorite Things, Spring Gnomes (carrot-turned-corncob)
My Favorite Things, Mice Day to Celebrate (banner, crate, balloons)
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
Bazzill cardstock, Calypso
October Afternoon, 8x8 Sasparilla pattern papers 
Copic, X-press it blending card
Copic, Sketch markers
Foam squares, acetate strip, glossy accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar