Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Day 7, The Daily Marker Coloring Challenge

Can't believe we're already at the back half of the 10-day challenge. I don't know what it is about it, but I really enjoy them! I've got a LOT done this time too. Today's box card is a back to school theme. I'm so very happy for the kids who are back to in-person learning!! Our kids in Washington go back Monday. I can imagine how excited they must be. :) So I made this card for the littles in Cali, my great-niece and great-nephew who went back yesterday - and WITHOUT the plexiglass dividers in the classrooms. FINALLY some normal! Anyway, to the card......

I used the Level Up box card dies (again) by My Favorite Things (link below). This styles seems to be becoming my favorite. I "borrowed" B's first day back outfit for my color choices for the little girl. Brielle wore a super cute baby blue and white checked jumper and white blouse and looked absolutely adorable, as she tends to do. LOL 
Here's a sort of "top" view. 
I added the banners because I'm sure that's how the teachers and kids are feeling about being back in the classroom. 400 days without in-class learning and being with school friends is a looooong time!! I'll bet there are plenty of banners in classrooms right now. 
Most of the images are from the Class Act stamps and dies by My Favorite Things. Such a cute set, it was brought back out of retirement and is currently available at the store (link below)!
Of course, as always, it folds flat for ease in mailing, fitting into an A2 envelope. 
The images I colored before I finished the card. 

Copic colors used.

Remember you can also join the coloring challenges! Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to be notified of upcoming dates here.

Product List:
My Favorite Things, Level Up box card dies
My Favorite Things, Class Act stamps and dies (girl, bus, books, pencils, apple)
My Favorite Things, Mice Day to Celebrate (banner)
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
Paper Smooches, Smarty Pants stamps and dies (bookworm, notepaper, crayon, globe) (no longer available)
My Creative Time, Love to Learn die set (welcome back word dies) (no longer available)
Copic, X-press it blending card
Copic, Sketch marker
Simple Stories, Smarty Pants 6x6 paper pad
Foam squares, glossy accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar