Saturday, April 24, 2021

Day 10 - Final day of the Daily Marker Coloring Challenge

Here we are at the very end. But don't be dismayed if you missed out this time, the next coloring challenge has already been announced!!! Mark your calendars for AUGUST 1. This one will be a 30 day challenge. If you have questions, see the blog for details. Thanks so much, Kathy Racoosin! Now for today's project.

I must be honest and tell you I actually colored some of these images last night. I had an idea, and when that happens, it's hard to turn it off. LOL But I did finish this morning and got my card put together to share with you for day 10. I'm already thinking about the next card with this adorable stamp set from My Favorite Thing, another Birdie Brown creation. 



Folded flat. Still works, even with the cork paper. 
Colored images
I thought this might be helpful to some who have asked about how I put these together. For nearly all the images I color, I cut out a plain cardstock piece that I glue to the back. This makes them sturdier, but also covers the 'bleed' you get on the back of the colored pieces. So, once the base is done (super simple with the dies - MFT's youtube channel has a video for this part of it-link below), I take the blank cutout pieces-before gluing them to the colored pieces of course, and with repositionable adhesive, arrange them how I want them on the finished card. This saves a lot of headache if you should glue something then later wish you had put it somewhere else. In this case, because the cork paper is quite flimsy on it's own, I added cardstock to the backs of those pieces after it was all put together. This gave it more strength to hold the glued pieces and steadied it so it wasn't bendy like you see here. 
All the copics used for this project.

Product List:
My Favorite Things, Level Up box card die set *also a video on assembling the dies
My Favorite Things, Outside the Box Waves dies
My Favorite Things, Party Like a Pirate stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, Positively Peppy Pennants stamps and dies *not available
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
DCWV, adhesive cork paper pad 6x6 (link to 12x12)
Carta Bella, Ahoy There 6x6 paper pad
My Mind's Eye, By the Sea 6x6 paper pad
Copic, Xpress it blending card
Copic, Sketch Markers
Foam tape, gold Spica pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar