Tuesday, March 23, 2021

MFT Slimline Challenge, Inside Out

Fun challenge, and let me say challenge! I had to do some innovating and improvisation for this one as the slimline card is 7 inches and the Big Shot accommodates only 6 inches. But, I figured it out and I am pleased with how this adorable card turned out. I think the grands will like it. :)

To cut the windows from the front of the card, I had to fold the back over the top after placing the dies. Because of all the layers, I had to go with a lighter weight cardstock. This works ok, except that it leaves the impression of the die on the backside of the card. That was what I was trying to avoid, but there is no way to do it without this side effect. 

Then, separately, I cut the windows from the front panel so they'd line up with the windows I cut from the front of the card. Using panels on the front and the inside helps beef up the card too, since I had to use lighter cardstock than I usually do for cards. 


I wanted just the ears to show through the window, so I lined up the gnomes first, then built the rest of the scene around them, all on a separate panel.

I made the basket so that the carrots can be removed, just for fun. 
The little gnomies are so adorable, I wanted to show each one. When I showed the card to the Randster he called them trolls!!! GASP I corrected him and he said, "well, I don't 'gnome' them". LOL 


Copic colors I used on this card.


Product list:
My Favorite Things, Spring Gnomes
My Favorite Things, Hangin With my Gnomies (mushrooms)
My Favorite Things, Up in the Air (clouds, birds)
My Favorite Things, BB Alphabet & numbers stamps (sentiment)
My Favorite Things, Farm-stastic (fence)
My Favorite Things, Piles of Fun (basket)
My Favorite Things, Stitched Domes dies
My Favorite Things, Basket Weave stencil
Copic Xpress-it Blending Card
Copic Sketch markers (see photos for colors)
Hemptique twine, foam squares
Distress Oxide inks, Speckled Egg, Twisted Citron



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar