Saturday, October 24, 2020

Simply Watercolor Christmas, Day 5

I LOVE PLAID! But man, I struggled with this one so much, I have to admit right off the bat. Give me a pen, or a pair of scissors and I can do straight lines all day - but this paint brush and watercolor!?? Holy Hannah, I couldn't get a even a decent imposter. LOL So, after practicing every day after finishing the actual class for that day, I finally got a reasonable facsimile of straight lines and was able to finish my projects for plaid class!! On top of that, I'm really pleased with my finished cards. I hope you like them!!


I immediately fell in love with this cozy gray and red plaid by Kristina Werner. After so many tries I lost count (I am not exaggerating, I must have tossed at least a dozen attempts in the trash before finally getting one I loved!) but finally my finished product made the grade. The heart is just a portion of it; I have enough left for a second card for later. 


For the gold stripe in my buffalo plaid, I used metallic pen as I have no gold paint. But I think it worked great and added just the extra Christmassy touch. And the red plaid is a perfect addition. The sentiment is embossed in gold to match perfectly back to the plaid.  

1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar