Saturday, May 16, 2020

Spring Card Camp 2, Day 11


Today's lesson: Anti-Coloring

What? ANTI-coloring you say? Yep. We're making colorful cards without the use of coloring!! No  markers, pencils or any coloring medium! It's a striking affect as you will see. Let's go ....

For my first card I used this older image by My Creative Time's, 'Mom' stamp set. I love this bunch of flowers. They are a great size, not too small and not too large, so coloring doesn't take a long time if you decide to use it that way (which I have several times). It comes with a coordinating die which makes it so easy to use.

You can see it looks like I used a background stamp on the pink panel, but really I just stamped the image multiple times then heat embossed. Next I stamped the image in black on white card stock, again multiple times, then die cut them and placed over the panel with foam tape, leaving plenty of area behind so you can see the embossing, then trimming off the overhanging portions. The sentiment is heat embossed in white on black card stock and mounted with foam tape.



For the second card, I used the design idea a little differently. Instead of one large design repeated, I used several small coordinating shapes. I think it worked out just as well!

Products Used:
Card 1
My Creative Time, Mom stamps and dies
Ellen Hutson, Modern Succulents sentiment
Ellen Hutson, Hex Frames, sentiment label
Versamark embossing ink
Clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, foam tape

Card 2
Ellen Hutson, Modern Succulents stamps and dies
Ellen Hutson, Everyday Punnies sentiment
My Favorite Things, Sweet Succulents stamps
My Favorite Things, Let's Stick Together stamps
My Favorite Things, Stitched scallop edge die
Versamark embossing ink
Clear Embossing powder, foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I really love how these turned out. Very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this technique! Great job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar