Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Magnetic bookmarks

My pile of scraps and bits and pieces leftover from other projects was beginning to pile up. Before I put them away I decided to make these bookmarks using some of the leftovers. I loved making these and will be making more. At some point I'll do a pictorial with instructions (they are super easy!) but for now, here are two creations I made this weekend.


 back:



This is what the backs look like. For the flat magnet, I used a half-inch circle punch and cut from an advertising fridge magnet. I tried first using two of these, but they were too thin and wouldn't stay together. this magnetic button I got in the craft section at WalMart is much stronger and holds great.

Thanks for popping in. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bookmarks, I so need me one of these, since I still like reading an Actual book, I just can't seem to fall in love with the kindle, LOL. I guess I still like some stuff old school my friend. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar ~ Oh these are just not GORGEOUS but so CLEVER!! OMG! I LOVE them!! I am one who still likes the feel of a book ~ technology isn't always the best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project. Love using stuff we saved and useful beautiful bookmarks! Clever <3
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I agree with Kate; I like my old school books too...lol) (I found you via a post on Pinterest, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeeDee -- how awesome!! Thanks for commenting and for letting me know you found me via pinterest! :) Cool beans!

      Delete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar