Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

Scrapping the Little Things - with a twist! Use a recycled item on your project. Mine is a tuna can label. :) Anybody remember the "Sorry Charlie" tuna commercials?!

8 1/2x11 page for the man-child's fishing and hunting scrapbook. Hubs determined by these pics that new fishing clothes are in order. LOL!!!


Computer generated tag, and the tuna can label as a ticket. I thought this was so clever of me. Hahaha!

This whole page design and color scheme was inspired by the red polka dot scrap of paper I used as a flag. It was already cut like this and everything. I loved the pop of red and thought it made for a rather nautical theme, particularly since it was a flag cut already.

I thought the MCT clouds were the perfect way to add space for details. I used another little red flag on a toothpick to balance the page. Title is Fun Alphabet dies, and the sunburst is from the Build a Banner kit.

Product List:
My Creative Time, Stitched Fun Ticket dies
My Creative Time, Vintage label and banner die
My Creative Time, Fly Away With Me cloud dies
My Creative Time, Chocolate Greetings flag die
My Creative Time, Fun Alphabet lowercase, dies
My Creative Time, Build a Banner die set (sunburst)
My Creative Time, It's a Magical Season stamp set
My Creative Time, I'm Here for You, Rain or Shine
Quickutz flag die
Paper scraps by Making Memories and October Afternoon
Recycled pieces: tuna can label and cracker box for ticket embellishment
Toothpick, computer generated text, misc pattern paper scraps

10 comments:

  1. Oh YUM!!! I love tuna. What a great shot and what handsome dude and I'm not talkin' about Charlie!! What a great LO you rocked this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable layout, Shar! I love how you used the ticket die on the tuna can label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever using the tuna label! What a handsome guy in the picture (at least he didn't ruin good clothes, right hehehe)! Another beautiful layout! Have a great day! Love and Hugs, CAthryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way to use the clouds! I love this simple and oh, so nautical layout; with all the sweet little flags flapping in the breeze. Brilliant use of the tuna label for Charlie's cameo appearance!
    I can't believe the hubs was distracted by his clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is awesome. It really caught my eye. I have a box full of pictures from 2 fishing trips that my son and husband went on. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved how you used the tuna can label, with the ticket tags. Your layout is so cool! Those clouds were a perfect journaling spot:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME looking layout Shar!!!Have a SUPER day my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was very clever use of the tuna label to make a ticket...works perfectly. I like the color scheme too...I agree it is nautical. Great page. Looks like a lot of fun that day.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shar ~ Oh this is seriously FABULOUS! LOVE what you used for the recycled part! Then how you did the clouds with the time and date~ That is so stinking CLEVER!!! GREAT design too! That is one HUGE fish!!! The "Sorry Charlie" just cracked me up! Oh who needs to get new fishing attire ~ you end up smelly "fishy" anyway! Awesome job as always!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar