Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fun mini for 3D Wednesday

Today I'm sharing this fabulous mini I created using My Creative Time's new release. I am in love!!! The journaling die is an really great size and with the coordinating stamps that can be purchased separately, they are the most awesome combination for a mini book of any theme. I've done this one in a summer theme. Here's the cover with adorable charms made from various MCT dies. I love doing this. They're so fun. :)


Here are the charms. I've added them to the binding rings using mini safety pins. They can easily be removed and put on a purse, backpack or zipper. 

The cover, unblocked by the charms. For my book, I used the My Minds Eye 6x6 paper pad, Away We Go. Perfect for a summer travel or camping theme.

One of the coordinating stamps you can get for this journaling die. There are three styles which come together in the set.


This page was extra fun. When Grace has a burst of creativity, she calls it an "idea pop!" I had to use that on this crafty page in the book. All of the darling elements and stamps are by my Creative Time (except the index tabs, which are Quickutz dies.)

Another of the adorable journaling stamps.


Before: Grace and Olivia heading off to camp. After: They were barely recognizable after a week away!







This page turned out so cute. I didn't have a tent stamp or a tree stamp I wanted to use, so the tree is a Quickutz die. But the tent.....can you guess what that is??? It's actually the sailboat (sail only) from the new release, You Are Here.


Well, that's it. Super fun and easy little mini you can put together in an afternoon. These would be the cutest little travel journals for the kids on road trips, for notes in a backpack, address book or autograph book to pass around class at the end of the school year, party favors, or just a notebook to keep in your purse. It doesn't have to be all filled up with goodies, it can be a simple notepad. Do it up any way you like, use a theme or no theme, just have fun!! :)

Product List:
My Creative Time, Journaling Die
My Creative Time, Journaling stamps set
My Creative Time, You Are Here
My Creative Time, We Are Family
My Creative Time, It's All About You
My Creative Time, You're Brilliant
My Creative Time, Life is Good
My Creative Time, Stitched Mini Frame and arrow dies
My Creative Time, Anyday Bingo and Crossword stamps
My Creative Time, Vintage label and banner die
My Creative Time, Fun Tickets die
My Creative Time, Chunky Jar Accessories
My Creative Time, What's Growing On
Quickutz, tree die 0691-2; index tabs REV-0018
My Minds Eye, Away We Go 6x6 paper pad
Ink, ribbon, binder rings, eyelets, chipboard, mini safety pins

6 comments:

  1. You always floor me with all the fabulous little details! AWESOME, DETAILED, CREATIVE project Shar!!! Enjoy your day! Love and Hugs, CAthryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini album is unbelievable you are so gosh darn talented and creative you literally blow my mind I look at what you've created and just sit here in awe. You definitely have made me want the stitched journal die and journal stamp set gosh you've used this like non other wow and how you've used all of Emma's items and then added your fantastic twist is awesome. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini is fabulous! I love all the MCT products you used and all the detail you put into your mini. You have truly inspired me. I still have to make my 1st mini and I just ordered the new release so hopefully I get the courge to try a mini like yours:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Shar! I think it is perfect and I love all the charms! So fun! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever and awesome! You have so many cute ideas for your pages. Your project turned out beautifully! The charms are a cute addition to the whole look of the book.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar