Friday, November 12, 2010

Learning to color all over again

I've gone and done it. Yep. Jumped into another addiction! Copics -- oh my. These awesome markers are way cool to color with but they do require a LOT of practice. I'm loving finding tutorials online and great blogs with tips and ideas to make your images look way better than my monkey, here. LOL It's really fun learning to make my images look better than my crayola pages in Gracie's coloring book, but I've got a long way to go, of this I am well aware!!!!


I found this digi image online today looking for something to color. He turned out cute enough for this card I think. I needed a man card so I used Man of the House papers by Bella Blvd, masculine colors for the monkey, and screw brads to add more guy-ishness. Dies I used are the QK Maddie Anne font, the diamonds are pieces from the large snowflake from the new QK release, and the mat dies are by Spellbinders.





At some point in the future if I get good at this, I'll try to remember to make note of the colors I use on the image. LOL




Many thanks to my friend, Molly, for the great tips and tricks necessary for this addiction, and without whose help I would still be thinking about stamping and coloring instead of finally actually doing it. XO, Molly!!! Your work is amazing. I'll try to make you proud. ;)


1 comment:

  1. I love my Copics. Check Nichol Magurik's blog for Copic stuff. I'm sure I spelled her last name wrong, but you can find her through twopeas I know. She does AMAZING work!!! Jennifer Maguire also does great work with Copics.

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar