Monday, October 14, 2024

Halloween Everyday, cluster tabs

Yesterday we dyed more paper. I didn't have the products she used in her video, but I still was able to use what I have and made more papers for creating tabs and clusters and embellishments for the junk journal. 

Today is Day 13 and we used these pieces to make the cluster tabs. Here are a few I have made up so far. This has been such a fun project, I don't know what I'll do with myself when October is over. (Well, besides work on Christmas, but now I'm getting ahead of myself again.)

Keep in mind, these all started as white cardstock. I've added other pieces I created, a few Tim Holtz ephemera pieces, and some washi tape. Also, the stitching is actually stamped as I'm not yet at a point where I can keep my sewing machine handy and out on the worktop. The longest tab is just under 7 inches and the shortest is 3 1/2 inches. These will look so cool on the inside pages of the junk journal/folio we are making!
I don't have a tab punch, so I cut all of these with scissors.

Tim Holtz moth transparency; everything else is what I have dyed and stamped.

For the dying I used distress reinkers, distress spray stains, and some glimmer mists I've had in my stash for ages. The cardstock I used is Neenah bright white, 65 lb. so it's not too heavy, but takes the ink well without being flimsy like copy paper. I used that paper for the stamped pieces as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Leave your email in comment if you'd like a reply. ~Shar