Friday, March 29, 2024

Speckled egg wreath

Oh my goodness. I am so in love with this project! I was inspired by several talented ladies from the Dollar Tree crafts Facebook group and decided to try my hand at this beautiful wreath design. Here is my version. 

I started with a double wire wreath form from Dollar Tree and painted it with chalk paint. Really doesn't need to be perfect at all; I wanted to give it a sort of distressed, or rustic, look. I didn't seal it with anything either. Then I hot glued the Spanish moss to one of the forms. They are sort of rounded, so it's easy to know which side is the 'front' and which is the 'back. Once I glued down as much moss as I wanted, I began laying out the eggs to be sure how I wanted them to look. 

These speckled eggs were a rope garland I got in the $2 to $5 section of the Dollar Tree. The garland was three dollars and all of these eggs were just one garland. (I bought two of them just to be sure I'd have enough but didn't need the second one for this project.) The eggs are all styrofoam, and I simply pulled them off the twine/rope they were attached to. 

Once I had the eggs placed how I wanted them, I hot glued them to the moss. Then I added the top wreath form and tied it all together with twine. The 'bow' and the little wooded tray are just hot glued to the frame. 

A little closer look
I searched online for images until I found the one I wanted for this little mini tray, then printed it out and adhered with Mod Podge. First I painted the tray with chalk paint and inked the edges with Distress Oxide, Ground Espresso, then after I added the printed image I painted the whole thing with a coat of Mod Podge. 
The 'bow' is not really a bow. I'm terrible at making bows (I just don't like my finished product ever :( ) so I made 5 loops, pinched them in the center with wire, then just stacked them using hot glue to hold them together. 


1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar