Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Another birthday tag card!

Next up is my first granddaughter's birthday card. Grace is Jeffery's little sister and my crafting buddy since she was not yet 3 years old. She is actually the reason I started scrapbooking. She was about a year old at the time. I had been watching QVC while recovering from gall bladder surgery and saw a crafting segment with Lisa Bearnson of Creating Keepsakes Magazine, and purchased my first scrapbook supplies so I could make a book of baby Grace. And the rest, as they say, is history. My first purchase was a kit that came in a 12x12 storage box. I quickly outgrew that "storage system" LOL and the box became the holder of all of Gracie's scrapping supplies. She loved getting out The Box and creating with me. 

Even before she got dressed she was thinking about The Box! I guess it comes naturally. LOL
Her own crafting table next to my desk. She takes her crafting very seriously, as you can see. :)


Gracie's first ever paper crafting project. She was 2 years, 7 months old. 


Ok, so on to my birthday card. Again, I have used a jumbo tag by Heidi Swapp as the base for my card. This time I have adhered a piece of pattern paper over the tag itself for the background, then stamped directly onto the pattern paper. 

I know...I can't believe it either, but yes, she'll be 23 on February 7. I'm in shock I tell you. 
Super fun birthday stamp sets by Heidi Swapp have the perfect array of birthday party sentiments, images and fun elements. I actually combined four stamp sets (five, including the large numbers) to create this one.  
A party without cake is really just a meeting. 
I love adding tags on tags. This one: Best birthday ever
Second mini tag: I'm only here for the cake
Third mini tag: What's coming is better than what's gone. The cake image is from a stamp set by Ellen Hutson called, surprisingly enough, Cake. 
I hope you  like this one. I love the colors, they seem perfectly birthday party to me. And what a bonus to have matching ribbons, also by Heidi Swapp, to top it off. :)

Distress Oxide ink colors:
Spun Sugar
Tattered Rose
Saltwater Taffy
Speckled Egg

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful journey into crafting and scrapbooking with your granddaughter, Grace! The bond you share is heartwarming. The evolution from that first 12x12 storage box to cherished memories is truly special. Wishing Grace a fantastic birthday filled with creativity and joy!

    In case you need info about hooker furniture collection take a look at here.

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar