Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Nice List, Part 1

In addition to the awesome 12 Makes of Christmas and Holiday Makes classes by Lindsay Bateman, I also could not pass up another super awesome class by Heidi Swapp! I highly recommend Heidi's Stamp Therapy classes (this Christmas one is Stamp Therapy Five, The Nice List) as well. I honestly didn't realize how much there is to learn when it comes to stamping and it has helped me a lot. Not to mention the fantastic projects we get to make!

For this class, I'll be posting in two parts. This post, part one, is lessons one through four. To start, we made basically a 'collage' of the stamps in the sets we used, to get used to how each one stamps, how much pressure is required for a crisp image, etc. I didn't think I needed this process, until I took a prior Stamp Therapy class and realized this step really is very helpful. Plus, I have lots of images I can cut out if I choose to use them on gift tags, etc. These stamps are the new Heidi Swapp release, Merry Little Christmas, available at Heidi Swapp Shop.

In addition to the stamping projects and fabulous tips for better stamping, we learned how to create our own custom Distress Oxide colors. For this class, we made red and green blends to match the pattern papers for the Merry Little Christmas release, as mentioned above. 
The doors are a stamp set, but you can also purchase the die set with interactive doors that open to reveal a photo or whatever you choose to put inside. Super fun to work with and makes a great gift tag as well. 
The cars and truck are one of my new favorites. This set is called Tree Farm and is also part of the new release. 

Once we created our collages and custom ink blends, we made some tags with the stamp sets. 


These last two are 'jumbo' tags (also available in Heidi's store; precut in pads of 24). I love working with this large size when creating a scene. 
Star Dust stickles makes excellent glistening snow. 
And glossy accents were the perfect accent for this string lights!
For this tag we combined a few of the new stamp sets to create one large happy holiday tag. Love!



TOMORROW!!!
Coming in Part 2 of The Nice List, we created a Christmas tag banner that turned out so super cute!!! You're going to want one for yourself, I know you will. :) (P.S. You can purchase the class at any time. Once you do, it will be in your account to use any time you like, as many times as you like. Heidi's store linked above.)

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Leave your email in comment if you'd like a reply. ~Shar