Thursday, July 27, 2023

My Favorite Things, Sketch 656

How about this for an interpretation of the sketch? I'm ready for a break after the past few months of whirlwind medical situation with my husband. (see previous blog posts) We have the next few days free of any appointments and I'm so thankful for the break! I'm thinking a stiff drink would be in order about now. Hahaha!

I started my card by creating a background with the distressed patterns and natural dye ink (discontinued color) from My Favorite Things. When my ink pad dries up I'll be sad. I use it a LOT for backgrounds and subtle images.

This small martini glass and olive are from the Paper Smooches, Free Spirits set (no longer available). The martini in the MFT Martini Time stamp set was too big for the look I wanted. I did use that set for the sentiment though. 
After using glossy accents for the glass and the liquid, I thought it needed something to distinguish the the martini from the glass, so I colored over it with a copic marker. Pretend it is pear vodka. Haha
Current sketch 


Product List:
My Favorite Things, Distressed Patterns stamp set
My Favorite Things, Martini Time stamp set (sentiment)
My Favorite Things, Dye Inks, Jalapeno Popper (olive), Natural (splatter, edge stripes)
Paper Smooches, Free Spirits stamps and dies
Copic, Xpress it blending cardstock, G21 marker (martini)
Foam tape, glossy accents, scrap of pattern paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar