Sunday, January 01, 2023

First card of 2023

Happy new year! Hope yours started well. I was happy to have crafty time on my hands today, as it rained outside and made for a quiet, peaceful beginning. Starting fresh and clean!

I actually made two cards today. Here is the first. I was inspired by a color combination I had saved on Instagram and, while the design ended completely differently than what I had in mind at the start, I am in love with the end result.

I started by using the My Favorite things Paint swatches stencil in distress ink colors scattered straw, wild honey, and broken china. Then I stamped the flowers along one side of the paper before die cutting the shapes. Before adhering to the card panel, I stamped the panel with the flowers in grout gray ink. Then, I stamped the abstract dots in broken china and stamped off before stamping onto the panel for a lighter colored image.
For this one, I used only inks, not a single copic in sight. 
The stitched LOVE die is by Concord & 9th, from All The Love stamps and dies. The hearts are Ellen Hutson, Folk Hearts dies. The blue abstract dots are from the Organic Elements stamp set by Ellen Hutson. The background flowers and the same flowers on the (LOVE) letters are by Simon Says Stamp from the You Shine stamp set. 
Come back tomorrow for another card from today's craft session. 




2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely, elegant card! The more you look, the more design elements you find. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please link up to our Die Cut Divas' post at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2023/01/happy-new-year-meet-new-year-with-lawn.html. I am so glad you put your card in the Die Cut Divas' blog this month with your Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar