Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Monochrome card

This weekend will be the second Pinkfresh Create and Connect Event. You may remember my posts from November, 2021, from the first event (Day 1, Create and Connect) I've received my goody box and can barely wait for the weekend. In the meantime, I've created a couple of cards using items from this treasure box. Keep in mind, if you are not registered for the event, you will have to wait a couple of months at least for these items to be released to the public. So really, I'm here to tease! Just kidding. LOL (My apologies for the photos. Shiny cardstock is always hard to photograph, but it's so pretty.)

For this card, I used one new product from the kit, the Ornate Circle die. This die comes in two pieces; the outside piece cuts the shape and inside piece basically embosses the design with some cut-outs. I used shiny silver cardstock to cut it out and stacked it several times. The flowers are from the Pinkfresh Garden Roses stamp and die, heat embossed with white and lightly blended over with gray ink. 


The background cover plate is also by Pinkfresh, called Sparkling Diamonds. I wasn't sure how it would work on pattern paper, but gave it a shot anyway. I don't think it added to the card, but it didn't detract either. I will know now not to use it on pattern paper. But you can clearly see the white embossing of the roses and the shine of the cardstock. Also, the sentiment is silver foiled. It is one of the elements received in the kit for the first Create and Connect Event. 

Foam tape is a must have always. You can also see the dimension created by stacking the ornate circle element. 

Product List:
Pinkfresh Studio, Ornate Circle die set (*not currently available for purchase)
Pinkfresh Studio, Garden Roses stamp and die
Pinkfresh Studio, Sparkling Diamonds cover plate
Pinkfresh, Clear Iridescent Drops (*not currently available for purchase)
Pinkfresh, Foiled Sentiments
PaperTrey Ink, white cardstock
My Favorite Things, Grout Gray ink cube
My Favorite Things, Black and White Plaid 6x6 paper pad
My Favorite Things, Black Licorice cardstock
Versamark Embossing ink, Wow White embossing powder
Foam tape, blending brush, heat gun, anti-static powder, silver cardstock
*these products may be released in the next few months, so keep watch for them later




No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar