Friday, March 04, 2022

With sympathy

This will be my last post until we get back home from California. We hit the road again on the 7th, so my crafty supplies will be packed up in the next couple of days while we gather everything into the car. It's always amazing to us how slow the time goes in the first month, and then how quickly it goes in the last month! We will certainly miss the wonderful weather, but hopefully won't have to wait too long before spring comes to our door at home. :) Meanwhile, here is my final card until we get home. 

We recently received the sad news that one of hubs' cousins, who had been suffering from a lot of health issues, including lung cancer, over the past several years, has passed away. I'm sure it's a blessing for his immediate family that he no longer suffers, but he will, of course, be missed. 

For this card, I used the Pinkfresh Studio, Choose Hope, stamp, die and coordinating stencil set. After I stenciled the image, I perked it up even more with copic markers. I used the My Favorite Things Basket Weave stencil with sno cone ink and a blending brush for a soft background behind the roses. The image is first stenciled with inks then the darker on the roses is copic marker. The metallic pearls are also by Pinkfresh Studio in the Sparkling Champagne color. They give just enough embellishment. I didn't have a sympathy stamp with me in my limited craft supply, so I used a tiny alphabet by Heidi Swapp to stamp out the word. 

Here we go. This is a better view of the sparkle added with the Spica pen. It's not 'in your face' glitter, just a very soft accent that provides a little shimmer. 

Product List:
Pinkfresh Studio, Choose Hope stamp set
Pinkfresh Studio, Choose Hope die
Pinkfresh Studio, Choose Hope stencil set
My Favorite Things, Basket Weave stencil
My Favorite Things, Fishtail Foundations sentiment die *retired 
My Favorite Things, Fine Finish Edge Die
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Favorite Things inks, sno cone (background) jellybean green (leaves) *discontinued color
Distress inks, worn lipstick, peeled paint (roses, leaves)
Copic Xpress it blending card
Copic Sketch Markers, R27 R46
Copic Atyou Spica pen, clear glitter
Foam tape, tiny alpha stamps



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar