Sunday, October 10, 2021

So much fall!

Aww, beautiful fall. I think fall is the best time for card making. The colors, the leaves, Halloween and then Thanksgiving. There is so much to be grateful for! :) 

My cards for today: 
Card 1, mini slimline design
Foam tape for dimension
Lovely sentiment

Card 2, A-2 topfold card
Foam tape of course
Beautiful sentiment
Here's a look at how these came together. Inks and dies but not a copic marker in sight! How can that be?! Oxide inks, that's how! I started by just rubbing the ink pad across the paper, I used MFT 110# Smooth White cardstock, till it was well covered. Didn't even need any blending tool for this, just the ink pad itself.
When the ink was dry, I cut my leaves using my favorite leaf dies. These are by My Creative Time from my time on the design team way back when. I still LOVE these leaves! I really loved how these leaves came out in these ink colors, but even more, I think I like the ones that are not solid colors. Those were a last minute idea using what I had left of the inked cardstock after cutting my first set of leaves. They turned out to be my favorites!
Playing around with arrangement. I decided I needed a fallish looking background, so I used the My Favorite Things, Knitted Sweater background stamp in Pumice Stone (seen on the final card). Love! On the first card, I used a background stamp by My Creative Time called Grainy Wood in MFT ink color, Natural. Perfect. 
For the first card I created a blue mat using Speckled Egg Oxide. For the second card, I decided I didn't need to cover the entire piece, just the edges would be enough to create the illusion. I like it.
For the sentiment on card 1 I used the Autumn Blessings stamp set by My Favorite Things in Speckled Egg Oxide ink. The white oval was quite stark so I edged it in the same blue as the sentiment. For card 2, I used a die cut word I had in my "use these later" box that just happened to be in the same blue Speckled Egg Oxide I used on these cards. I popped it with foam tape and added a subtext from the Autumn Blessings stamps in Gathered Twigs Oxide. 

There you have it. Super simple and just a minimum amount of supplies. I hope you'll give this a try and share with us in the Scrapendipty Studio Crafts Facebook Group! Happy crafting.

Product List:
My Creative Time, leaf dies (retired)
My Creative Time, Grainy Wood background stamp (retired)
My Favorite Things, Autumn Blessings stamp set
My Favorite Things, Knitted Sweater background stamp (retired)
My Favorite Things, Smooth White cardstock
My Favorite Things, Natural ink cube (discontinued color)
My Favorite Things, Skinny strips dies (sub-text card 2)
Avery Elle, Grateful stamp set (word die card 2) 
Distress Oxide inks, Gathered Twigs, Rusty Hinge, Speckled Egg, Pumice Stone
Blending brushes, foam tape, oval die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar