Monday, May 04, 2020

Copic Color Swatch Organization

UPDATE: I have since re-done my swatches in the correct color order. It's a much better version and easier to use now that I know the color number system better.

A couple of weeks ago I came across this video by Cathy Zielske and fell in love!! (Please watch if you have any questions. She will answer them all for you. :)) I immediately ordered the Waffle Flower dies she used and waited on pins and needles for them to arrive. Imagine my excitement when they got here on (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day! Yes, it doesn't take much to excite me - particularly after having been quarantined since March 13 (and still going strong, I might add.) x

Here we have a whole crapload of Copic markers. I have third tub (not pictured) with the earth colors and grays, but here you can see how I keep my markers at home. These tubs are divided into 6 sections. Makes it super easy to keep the colors separated into groups. (They're only in this cart while I use them. I don't store them in the rolling cart.)

I got right down to business cutting tags and swatches! The tag die will give you 20 tags from an 8 1/2x11 piece of cardstock. I did not count how many pieces of cardstock I needed for my 350 +/- markers.

Swatches. You can get 96 of these suckers from one piece of 8 1/2x11 cardstock. I used the Copic Xpress-It blending card for my swatches, because that's what I use to color my images. Remember you'll want to use the same for the swatches that you use to color your images to get the same results. If you use Neenah Solar White to color on for example, you will want to use that for your swatches too. I used My Favorite Things Smooth White for the tags; it's a very sturdy 110# cardstock.


Finished tags. Oh how I love these! Thanks again so much to Cathy Z, my first scrapbooking idol, for sharing her fabulous idea. This was one of the most satisfying projects I've done in a long time. I'm sort of OCD about things like this, but if you know me, then you already know that. LOL



Products used:
Waffle Flower Combo Swatch Tag Die
Waffle Flower Color Combos Die Set
My Favorite Things Smooth White cardstock
Xpress-It Blending card
Dymo Letratag label maker
3/4 in. binder rings
glue runner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar