Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Giraffe Tag

For my second post today I'm sharing another stencil and embossing paste idea. I had fun making this tag with the giraffe stamp I've had in my stash for years. Never used it till now! It was one I snagged for a buck at Joann and is actually for a baby shower invite. I just masked off the time, date, rsvp stuff. Isn't he cute though?

I actually used two kinds of embossing this time. I used the stencil over the tag base and stamped with versamark, then heat embossed with clear powder. I used the same stencil to create the same animal print look with embossing paste onto a piece of vintage cream cardstock. I colored a little clump of paste adding drops of walnut stain re-inker until I had the shade I wanted. While it was still wet, I added brown glitter. Once it was dry, I cut out the heart shapes.

The cloud and speech bubble are by My Creative Time. The sentiment is by Pink by Design.


Products:
My Creative Time, Cartoon clouds dies
My Creative Time, Round speech bubble dies
My Creative Time, You're so Cool - tiny heart stamp
Pink by Design, Jungle Fever stamp set
DIY Embossing paste, clear embossing powder, versamark ink, twine, ribbon
Giraffe stamp, unknown

5 comments:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar