Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's time for My Creative Time 3D Wednesday!

This week Emma has added a twist to 3D Wednesday. Not only are we doing a 3D project, but also we are  using something in our home that would typically be thrown away. Yes, we are RECYCLING! For my project, I decided to make something from this ribbon spool. Goodness I have tossed enough of these things in the trash, it's time I used one for good, right!? :) You'll never guess what I came up with! -- or maybe you will. ;)

Here is the beginning of the project....can you guess yet?
Ok enough guessing games. I made a sweet little keepsake box for grandgirl, Courtney, who turned 7 on the 7th. She LOVES fairies and sparkles and jewelry and all things girlie. I think I scored big with this little project! :)





Product List:
My Creative Time, Teeny Tag Greetings
My Creative Time, Stitched circle die {small flower}
Empty ribbon spool
Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime paper collection
My handmade flowers
Memory Box leaf dies
Making Memories metal initial charm
Ribbon, stickles, pearl beads, string pearl beads, button, ink

Thanks for looking. Be sure to check out all the fab projects from all the other MCT designers as well. You won't want to miss the awesomeness everyone is sharing with our recycle assignment today!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Great idea and oh so pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are unbelievable Shar! I bow in humble submission!!! What a fabulous project creative lady! Have a great day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar ~ This is just ELEGANT ~ BEAUTIFUL and so CREATIVE! The details are simply GORGEOUS and your granddaughter is going to LOVE it! I was wondering why it didn't have a "K" on it but since it is for special girl ~ that is okay! LOL! Gemini sister do you have any idea how many I have thrown out but I have one for some reason ~ now I know what to do with it!!! AWESOME idea and VERY clever one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....what a super sweet gift for your granddaughter! And I have a ton of Offray Ribbon, I've got to try this! Love how you decorated it and added the monogram! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...what a great idea and i love how this turned out! She will loooove this!! :)
    I love the colors and the flowers! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is beautiful and so creative! This project caught my eye and I had to come and get the details:) Very very Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative is that?!? We all have a ton of ribbon spools I bet! And it turned out so pretty. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW BEAUTIFUL job with your project Shar!All the details are AMAZING,I LOVE it!GORGEOUS!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO clever, how awesome is this?! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Shar! This is just so beautiful! Why to think outside the box! I never in a million years would have guessed that was made from a ribbon spool! It turned out gorgeous! I'm sure yor grand daughter will love it! I love everything you put on the lid and the sentiment is perfect! Great job!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. Great idea.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely precious! The colors, patterns, images, embellies...every little bit is perfection! If Courtney doesn't adore it, (how could she not?), you may forward it to me at....Speaking of recycling, I made a ton of your "firecrackers" last night, for my daughter's 6th birthday party favors. They are such adorable fun-she's so excited! Now, I wonder if I can whip up one these boxes before tomorrow? Thank you for your daily inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my... This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with me!!

    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic idea! Love the design :o).
    (:Betka:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Shar. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job making your beautiful box...the papers and embellishments are wonderful. A very clever idea.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar