Monday, September 14, 2009

Have I mentioned how big a font freak I am??

Well, QK has done it to me again.....this newest font, Holiday, is just too cute. It's fun, playful, and happy with a retro edge. And I think it has become my new favorite script-style font.

On this page I've paired the new Holiday alphabet with the Teriyaki cc alphabet for the title, and the Rev. 0261 sparkle and this month's QK Club die sparkle worked great to show the awe and wonder of "The Box" (see journaling). Scallop border also used on this page. Journaling box is by spellbinders.


For this one, I did the shadow treatment for the title a little differently than I usually do. Instead of adhereing the shadow directly to the back of the letter, I adhered it to the page then used foam tape to pop the letters off the shadows.



Journaling:
This box used to contain all of my scrapbooking supplies. Yes, all of them!! It was the first thing I ever bought for scrapping and had 1600 pieces—a kit from QVC. Fast forward to my scraproom of today and you'd never know I once had no supplies! Of course, I had only started scrapping about six months prior to when this photo was taken in January, 2003. Back then, Grace was a month shy of three and already enjoyed crafting with me. She loved to look inside at all the stickers and pretty papers. She called it THE BOX and sometimes the first thing she wanted to do when she woke up was get out THE BOX. She's been scrapping with me ever since and I'm thrilled she enjoys it so much!

*****

On the next layout I've used the Rev. 0261 sparkles die and scallop borders again, as well as the Rev.0255 snowman this time. Again, I used the Holiday font for the title, this time embellishing the "A" with angel wings, which are really the fronds from the RS0565 palm tree die. For the cute matching brads, I used the ITop Bradmaker by Imaginese. Oh, and the tiny heart on the snowman's hat is from the Katie Skinny Mini alpha.




****

Once again, the Holiday alphabet for the title on this layout. In addition, I've used the 2x2 sign RS0265, rocks KS0439, and the picket fence border. The pics are a tad dark, but in the lower photo you can see the rock she plunked down in the hole she dug. LOL

Journaling:
Me: What are you planting in your rock garden, Grace?
Grace: Rocks, grama.
Me: Why of course.



***
And last, but not least, a bright and bold child's card using Holiday and Teriyaki fonts and again the Rev sparkle.

1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar