Monday, September 14, 2009

Do you make a scrapping goal each year?

I only started making goals the last couple of years. I decided to do this because I got a rather late start scrapping -- my kids were grown and I had grandkids when I got started -- and have so so many pictures to scrap and plenty of time to do it. Making a goal is sort of my way of better managing my time. As it is, I still waste plenty of it. ;)

Last year I set a very modest goal of 52 layouts, in addition to all the other projects I do throughout the year. I figured one page a week was certainly doable for someone who has all the time in the world! I also figured I would get a lot more done if I set a goal for myself and kept track of what I accomplished. This thinking was the result of a very lazy previous year in which I did a whopping 11 layouts for the entire year. Talk about wasted time. I was so mad at myself I decided I must set a goal to keep myself motivated and get those pictures scrapped! Well I far surpassed that goal so this year I set the goal at 100. I made my goal for the year on September 1, so now it's all gravy for the rest of the year! Woohoo, go me!

Do you set a scrapping goal for yourself? How do you decide what your goal will be for the year? And do you generally make your goal(s)?

Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for a QuicKutz die! Deadline midnight Friday, September 18.

4 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I started making goals this year when I realised I had been saying I would start my sons school album for the last 3 years! A suprise pregnancy spurred me on with this project and I now set myself new goal each month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been scrapping about 3 yrs. This is the first year I set a goal, like you Shar it is 52 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not set any goals... so it looks like you are my example. I having been going through all of the old pics of my mom and scanning them. 2010... 100 pages! Now it's in print... I have to do it... right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Vicki! You're our winner in the drawing. :) Send me your info and I'll get your die in the mail!

    Thanks to all who participated.

    Shar

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar