Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas checklist.......

Ok, let's see. How are you doing with your list? Are you whittling things down and feeling good about how much you've crossed off? I'm feeling great about mine, considering I've been sick for the past two weeks. What a crappy time to get sick huh! But I've been as busy as I can be as I have felt up to it and I'm almost there.


Welcome! My festive wreath greets you at the front door.



On the porch is my pine cone and ornament basket. With the new ornaments being the lightweight, shatterproof type, I've had to bring the basket in off the porch a couple of times on windy days. The ornaments are so light they had been tossed all over the front yard! LOL Sure looks pretty though, doesn't it.


Just inside the front door, these styrofoam tree decorations site on my candle sconces. I used the QuicKutz cupcake liner die to decorate the trees using papers in the color scheme of the living room and decorations.


My dining table centerpiece. I'd like to add greenery on the table around the glass bowls. Maybe the florist will have what I want.....I won't know what that is until I see it, however.



And the Christmas tree. I love my tree. I've added more ornaments and also found a topper since I posted the previous pics.



I was so sure I'd never be able to catch up, but CHECK it out!!! Oh my gosh, venturing out to shop and take advantage of the deals on Black Friday was so worth it.


tree up and decorated - CHECK!
decorations up - CHECK!
three kinds of cookies made - CHECK!
two kinds of fudge and candy made - CHECK!
caramel corn done - CHECK!
gifts wrapped - CHECK!
packages mailed - CHECK!
online gifts ordered for Dec. 21 delivery - CHECK!
Christmas newsletter written and printed - CHECK!
Christmas cards signed and labeled - CHECK!

Actually, I don't have a lot left to do once the post office delivers my stamps, hopefully tomorrow. Christmas cards can then go in the mail and that will be the last big thing to cross off the list!!! Now I wonder if I am forgetting something. :{ LOL

I hope you will be ready with time to spare so you can relax and enjoy a little free time before Christmas. Have some caramel corn. It's the best!

Caramel Corn

6 cups popped corn, remove unpopped kernels
¾ cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons light karo syrup
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt

Put popcorn in extra large bowl. In 1 ½ quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat till butter melts and mixture comes to boiling. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over popcorn and gently stir to coat all pieces. Bake at 250ยบ for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake 5 more minutes. Remove to large bowl. Cool and store in plastic Ziploc or airtight plastic container with lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar