Saturday, January 28, 2023

Big Love for my baby sister

So yesterday we were all thrown into a frenzy after getting a call that my youngest sister (by 6 years) was in the hospital. (This has happened like three or four previous times in the past few years.) Freak us out, already!!! Thankfully, she is home today and all is better again. In the meantime, I made this card for her having scared the living daylights out of us. LOL

Using the new Big Love release from Ellen Hutson, and another Ellen set, So Matcha, this is what I came up with. (Please pardon my dangling participle.) 
All the words and hearts are from the Big Love set. To get this shadow effect, I first stamped with white ink from My Favorite Things, and zapped it a few seconds with the heat gun as it takes forever to dry. Then I shifted the paper slightly and offset stamped over it with Pinkfresh Studio Fresh Pear (I love this shade of green!) for the words, and Coral Reef (another delicious color) for the hearts. I had the cute little Geisha girl and the bamboo trees in my stash from some time ago, so I don't have the exact copic colors I used for them. 

Inside message: All images from the Big Love stamp set. The red color for the heart is Distress Oxide, Lumberjack Plaid. 
My two favorite ink colors from Pinkfresh Studio. I have them all in cubes, but these two colors I use most so they have to be full size! :) 

Product List:
Ellen Hutson, Big Love stamps and dies
Ellen Hutson, So Matcha stamps and dies
My Favorite Things, Sweet Tooth pigment ink
Pinkfresh Studio inks, Fresh Pear and Coral Reef
Distress Ink, Oxide Lumberjack Plaid
Copic markers
Copic Xpress it blending cardstock
Recollections 110# white cardstock



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar